World Expeditions specialises in trekking, travel and active adventure holidays in small groups across 7 continents. From the awe-inspiring Everest Base Camp Trek to the magnificent classic Inca Trail & Machu Picchu, from the beauty of the iconic Larapinta Trail Trek to the enchanting icebergs of an Antarctic cruise, from an exhilarating trek of Mt Kilimanjaro, a historic trek of the Kokoda Track, or the Great Himalaya Trail across Nepal, World Expeditions continues to offer innovative trekking, cycling and cultural adventure travel holidays to the world’s far-flung destinations.
World Expeditions has appointed ITT Inspirations Travel & Tours general sales agent (GSA); ITT will handle all sales, marketing and bookings in South Africa.
World Expeditions started in 1975 as a Himalayan trekking company, Australian Himalayan Expeditions. It was a simple vision – organizing small group treks to Nepal and the Indian Himalaya – but a very important philosophy was established in those earliest of days that has been carried down over three and a half decades.
World Expeditions really were the pioneers of responsible and sustainable tourism – a heritage that we are very proud of. It was not a coined phrased then, but today it’s known as responsible tourism. As trailblazers, there was much effort placed on creating operations that did not negatively impact on the environment and that provided benefit to the local communities.
World Expeditions have evolved their trips beyond the Himalaya to include most continents back in our program in the early 80s. Innovation was – and has always been – a cornerstone of the World Expeditions philosophy.
* India Cycling and camel riding trips in 1978
* China Cycle – first commercial group – 1978
* Franklin River – first commercial descent in 1978
* Mongolia – first commercial trekking group in 1980
* Tibet – first commercial trekking group in 1981
* South Coast Track Tasmania – first commercial expedition in 1984
* Larapinta Trail – first commercial walks in 1995
* Hinchinbrook Island -first commercial kayaking trips in 1987
* Japan – first commercial trekking group in 1999
* Garma Festival – first tourism operator to develop land based travel around festival in 1999
* Community Projects – first Australian tour operator to develop a trips for tourist involved
community projects across the globe 1995
* Great Himalaya Trail – first company to offer a full traverse of the newly mapped GHT in 2010
The key to World Expedition’s success
Since 1975 World Expeditions has worked with many recognised experts, elite adventurers and mountaineers. All of our leaders have made a significant contribution to our development while their expertise and enthusiasm have ensured we maintain the ‘leading edge’ in adventure travel.
As a general principle we use expert local leaders for the majority of our adventures and they are pivotal to the success of each adventure. However, we also have an amazing line up of extraordinary western guides who define our leading edge in adventure travel. Over the years our local and western guides have collectively made significant contributions to our ongoing development and their expertise and enthusiasm is reflected in the exciting itineraries and quality of leadership.
Many of the guides are available to lead private trips for your group, your family, your colleagues or your business. While careful planning and scheduling is necessary, these specially guided itineraries become one-of-a-kind original experiences lead by an exceptional guide.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request your copy of the brochure.